Tuesday 29 January 2013

One Christmas Item a Month

I am a little late showing you my 1 Christmas Item a Month, as I have only just joined up with Narelle at Pins and Whiskers for this, after ooohing and aahing over everyone elses lovely Christmas finishes - better late than never. And I never need any encouragement to sew Christmas.
This is a Marg Low pattern, and has a little bit of stitchery as well and finished off with a very cute handpainted Theodora Cleave button.
And as promised yesterday, this is my 50 cent garage sale find - a post and rail quilt partly put together in the most delicious flannel fabrics - the photo doesn't do the colors justice, but I look forward to finishing this.  A cooler day here today which is lovely. but off to work so won't get to enjoy an hour or two in the garden like I would love to be doing.  Thinking of everyone in fire/flood ravaged New South Wales  and flooded Queensland. Have a great week Cheryl


5 comments:

Fiona said...

such a pretty Christmas item ... and what a great bargain with the blocks... lovely colours...
Hugz

Diane-crewe said...

ooh! I like your Christmas ornament xx

Michell said...

Love the ornie

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love those ornaments...great bargain with your rail fence blocks.

Narelle said...

Lovely ornament and a beautiful button ... the bell is a great finish to it :)
Welcome and thankyou for sharing.