Friday 26 April 2013

Stitching Soiree

Woo hoo - I am off to Melbourne tomorrow for a Stitching Soiree with Lisa from FignBerry Creations, and usually Viv from Viv's Creations joins her, but Viv has been very unwell, so this time it will be Jennifer Knoll.  I'm not that familiar with Jennifer's work, so am looking forward to seeing her projects, and of course love Lisa's as this is the third soiree of hers I have attended. It has become a twice yearly event - Autumn and Xmas (October).  Now Lisa said bring some show and tell - no worries I'll just finish the project from the Xmas Soiree and take -

Cute xmas stitcheries  - titled "Christmas Eve".
Sorry bit blurry, but think you can see what a cute wallhanging it is.So thought I would spend yesterday putting it together ready for show and tell.
Does something look amiss with this picture. Yes - one block has gone awol. I know its been completed, and I spent half the day turning my sewing room upside down, but no missing block. I've obviously picked it up with another project I've been working on. And I could re-do it, but of course it came as a kit with just enough fabric to complete the 9 blocks and anything I have in my stash is not quite the right color. So no show and tell, but will have lots of show and tell on my return.

Have a great weekend. Cheryl

15 comments:

Melody said...

Hope your weekend is wonderful.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Have a wonderful time. I am looking forward to hearing all about it. hugs

Shirley said...

I hate loosing things, it will turn up.

I keep reading about get togethers they all look like so much fun, have a great time x

Cheryll said...

EnJoY!!! Must remember the October date... ummm perhaps???? :)

Anonymous said...

have a great time Cheryl and i hope your missing block turns up.xx

Marilyn said...

Hope that block comes "home" soon. So annoying when something was there and now its not. Have a lovely time in Melbourne.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Have fun....hope that block turns up...gorgeous stitching...

Susan said...

Enjoy your day. Hope the missing block shows up.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Have a great weekend... I do hope the AWOL block turns up. Looking forward to seeing what you got up to.

barb's creations said...

Bummer with the missing block, looks terrific even if incomplete. Enjoy your weekend stitching :) Barb.

Narelle said...

Looks lovely and oh how annoying for you to have a block on the loose :)
Hope it turns up soon, usually when you're not looking for it.

Valspierssews said...

That's a very cute stitchery. I just hate it when something goes missing and you know is has to be there somewhere.

Wendy said...

Oh dear, I hope you find your missing block. The quilt is looking lovely!!

DAWNIE said...

oh i just love these patterns. is there a website that has them??

DAWNIE said...

oh i just love these patterns. is there a website that has them??