Wednesday 8 May 2013

"Let's Celebrate" Mothers Day Swap

This very yummy looking parcel arrived in the post on Monday from my swap partner Julie, in the Mrs Martins Quilt Shop "Let's Celebrate" swap. This month we were celebrating Mother's Day
Now for a fleeting moment, I thought I might keep it til Mother's Day to open, but it got the better of me -
And inside were these two gorgeous fat quarters - the photo doesn't do the lovely green piece justice. But am looking forward to doing something special with these very soon.
And there was more - how lovely are these buttons, and some ric rac that looked as though it had been tea-dyed.  Thankyou so much Julie - I absolutely loved all my beautiful presents.

And I got this book in the mail today -
Lynette Anderson's "Country Cottage Quilting" - apart from the lovely cushion on the front cover, and a quilt, the projects are mostly small achievable projects - needlecase, scissor keep, bag, purse and wallhanging to name just a few.  Cheryl




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a lovely mother's day parcel Cheryl,you will have fun with these and i have seen this book a few times in blogland today,it seems to be very popular.xx

Susan said...

Lovely gifts Cheryl, I'm sure you will make something interesting with them. Looking forward to seeing your projects from the book too.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

lovely parcel. Looking forward to see what you make from your new book. hugs

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl
We will have to keep on a watch on what each of us makes from this lovely new book.

hugs, sue

Cheryll said...

I don't blame you for NOT waiting...now you can enjoy your gifts for longer! :)
I have the pattern for the cushion but I think I should buy the book as well... don't you? lol :)

Shirley said...

What a lovely mothers day parcel. I have that very book and Val from Val Spires Sews and myself are starting a Country Cottage SAL, starting with the sewing set, the needle case is first so you will be hearing a lot about it, feel free to join in any time x

Christine M said...

Lovely gift to receive Cheryl. Looking forward to seeing what you make with them.

Jeanette said...

Lovely goodies in your parcel. Lynette's book looks lovely. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

lovely post for you this week.... should keep you out of trouble!
Hugz

Noela said...

Lovely parcel of goodies. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with them. Hugs......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been spoilt...enjoy

Wendy said...

Lovely gifts for you and the new book is a lovely one too! Happy Mother's day, hugs Wendy

Valspierssews said...

Lovely prezzies. My friend Shirley and I have just started the hollyhock sewing set from that book. We are starting with the needlebook. At present it is a sewalong of two.