Thursday 29 August 2013

A Lovely Catchup and Spring Swap

I have had a lovely week off this week and the best part was (apart from my lovely Spring swap parcel arriving) was that I finally got to meet Michelle from Rag-Tag Stitchin'. I have been buying Michelle's patterns and following her blog for quite a long time, and it was with her and Chookys encouragement that I finally  started my own blog 12 months ago (oops forgot my one year anniversary 24th August). So  I really felt that we were already best friends, but was great to finally meet her in person when she was holidaying in my area.  We caught up for a meal at the local hotel
We had the best night and lots of laughs, including the fact that we got kicked out a 9 o'clock because we were the only ones left. So lovely to meet you and Mr R Michelle.
Michelle recently had a special birthday, and as we are both snowy lovers, I just had to stitch her this.

I showed you last post my beautiful Spring stitchery from Julie, my swap partner in Mrs Martins "Let's Celebrate" swap.   This is what I sent to Julie -
which is one of Michelle's lovely designs from her Seasons mini quilts pattern.
together with these Spring themed Theodora Cleave buttons.
Cheryl


 

8 comments:

Susan said...

Isn't it wonderful when you finally meet a blog friend in person, looks like you had a great night out.

Anonymous said...

what a lovely pic of Michelle and You Cheryl and i can imagine what mischief you both got up to,lol.Lovely stitcherys Cheryl and i get to meet the lovely Michelle tomorrow,yipee.xx

Fiona said...

Great picture of the two of you together... it's wonderful meeting other blg.oggy friends...
I love the panel you made her and also the swap one... great stitching...
Hugz

Wendy said...

Sounds like a lovely evening, and your stitching projects all look lovely.

Unknown said...

So glad you have photos of the gifts you sent me. Could not wait to hang the Spring stitchery, so it is up early - might encourage the sunshine.It looks lovely and thank you again Cheryl.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Couldn't have picked a nicer person to get kicked out with LOL! Loved catching up with you and hubby. I adore my little frosty hanger...thank you. Spring stitchery looks really good too xx

Chookyblue...... said...

can't believe it is 12 months already.........but then again you better read your blog as thats what started you wasn't it.........great to get to know you over the last 12 months........

FloS said...

Great meeting ! you look both very happy !
Florence