Tuesday 5 November 2013

Let's Celebrate Swap

Firstly I had to show you these two gorgeous little witches who went out "trick and treating" for Halloween -
(my two little granddaughters of course).

For this month's Let's Celebrate swap through Mrs Martins Quilt Shop we were to send a block of our choice for the recipient to make into something as part of "Mrs Martins Quilting Day". . My partner, Julie and I decided we wouldn't make a block but do a finished item related to quilting.  Now my photography skills leave a lot to be desired so when I download the photo of what I had sent to Julie it was way too blurry to use, so I only have a photo of the inside to show you -


Anyway I'm sure you'll get the idea - a sewing folder with lots of pockets. Just what a girl needs for a day of sewing.

And Julie sent me THE most amazing parcel -
This gorgeous sewing pocket, a very cute sewing machine button and a lovely cottage garden thread "Snapdragon", which I am already using.

Isn't it amazing? Just LOVE it Julie, thankyou so much - can't stop looking at it.
Cheryl

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Cheryl your grand daughters are real cuties,hope they got lots of lollies,boy what a lovely swap and i can see why you love your new sewing pouch its gorgeous.xx

Fiona said...

such cute little witches you have there.... and lovely swap items from both of you...
Hugz

marina said...

cute halloweeners.
lovely sewing pockets..

Susan said...

Lovely gifts. The girls don't look too scary......very cute.

KERYN B said...

Your gran babies are just beautiful and how cute do they look. Xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your little girls are cuties....what a great idea with your swap..

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very sweet little witches....hope they got lots of loot. Lovely swap. Love the 'snap dragon' colour....so pretty :-)

Christine M said...

What cute little witches! Both swap gifts are lovely Cheryl.

Cheryll said...

If witches can be gorgeous... then those two were!
LoVe both items you clever girls! :)

Anthea said...

Beautiful swap items there Cheryl - and the Witches are very cute x

FloS said...

Your grand daughters are very cute in violet !!!
The swap is great ! Both gifts are splendid !
Florence

Joy from Bundy said...

Hi Cheryl, what sweet little witches ,love your sewing pouch too! Cheryl I have finished stitching Girls Day Out but I haven't started putting it all together as yet. I have cut out all the squares but its a bit overwhelming so its still just sitting there waiting for me to start. I just find it a bit hard to follow the instructions, maybe its just me! I just adore Michelles designs especially her chrissy ones. Happy Stitching.