Wednesday 14 May 2014

Mother's Day

A bit late I know, but look at one of the gifts I received from DD1 for Mother's Day -
She had bought it from a market and said "I know you sew, but I couldn't resist this as it just looked like you". Do you think she knows me well? And of course it is a Michelle Ridgway design,  and I've had the pleasure of  sewing many of Michelle's lovely designs.

Not much to show on the sewing front - lots of secret sewing being done, but I have been doing some stitching on this delightful Lynette Anderson design  -

"Mamas Wash Day" - a lovely birthday gift from my friend Karen.  Lynette framed hers, but I have a different idea in mind for mine when it's finished.  Cheryl

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

DD does know you well,I bet that made you smile,it's lovely and your stitching is coming along well Cheryl.xx

FloS said...

It is very nice from your daughter !!
Your stitchery is great !!
Florence

Jeanette said...

What a lovely gift. Your stitchery is looking great. Hugs,xx

Christine M said...

Such a lovely gift from your daughter. Your stitchery is lovely.

Susan said...

It is a well chosen gift, I thought you had sewn it at first. Love the clothes line stitchery......so dear to us all.

Cheryll said...

And who wouldn't like Michelle's designs...YES your DD does know you!

Wonderful embroidery on the wash day piece...ummm wonder what you'll use it for???? Something wonderful I'm sure! :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lol! Like coals to Newcastle. DD knows you very well. Glad Gingie is getting around. Lovely stitchery xx

Karen said...

A great gift from your daughter. How thoughtful.
And you little stitchery is looking lovely.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a perfect gift.....your stitching is gorgeous...

Wendy said...

Your gift is lovely, perfect for you. And your stitchery is beautiful!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

That is such a gorgeous gift that your daughter had found....I love your stitching too.

Binsa said...

Enjoyed seeing your stichery. Love the Wash Day stitchery