Tuesday 20 January 2015

Summer School

On Saturday I headed off bright and early to Melbourne to attend Summer School - a day organised by Karen from Mrs Martins Quilt Shop in conjunction with Max and Louise Pattern Company. What a day I had with lots of inspiration and great company -
Two of the beautiful designs we received patterns for on the day. Loved the table runner in the centre.
Some more gorgeous Max and Louise inspiration.
This is the pattern I chose to work on on the day.  It is nowhere up to this stage, but should be able to show you some progress soon. Karen from Mrs Martins had made me up a beautiful kit in reds and mustards.  I did get my little pointed star flowers paper pieced on the day.
 
Lovely Simone and Lorraine were on our table - here they are with Lisa, one of our tutors.
And my gorgeous friend Maria had bought me this delicious homemade everything lunch. Boy was I full, but it was amazing especially the potato pie.
And what a bonus having Barb from Theodora Cleave there with her gorgeous handmade/painted buttons. Of course I had to add her two new snowmen buttons to my collection. 
I "borrowed" these lovely photos from Mel's blog www.thehouseonthesideofthehill.blogspot.com but I did warn her that I might as she took lots more photos than I did and was my lovely sewing companion on the day.  Barb has lots more lovely photos on her blog too www.theodoracleave.blogspot.com.  Cheryl

15 comments:

Deb R said...

What gorgeous projects Cheryl..jealous!

Christine M said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your project, Cheryl.

marina said...

love the Max and louise designs you got to chose from, I must say I like that runner.
looks like you had a wonderful time!
looking forward to seeing your project

Fiona said...

fantastic projects... Max and Louise are new to me... their designs are lovely... and what a thoughtful friend with that yummy lunch
Hugz

Susan said...

Love days with friends and new patterns. Looks like you had a ball.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl ,Thankyou for sharing your wonderful day how nice is Maria doing that for you,can't wait to see your project finish,hope you have a lovely evening my friend xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

A perfect day lucky girls .....xxx

Melody said...

It was wonderful to share a perfect day with you

Michelle Ridgway said...

Absolutely drooling up here... Lucky lucky girl!

Anthea said...

oh stunning projects there Cheryl - I'm sure your work will be just as gorgeous!

Michelle said...

I saw that yummy lunch being prepared, lucky you!

FloS said...

You are very lucky to have been to this fabulous quilt class !
Florence

Wendy said...

It looks like a wonderful day, beautiful projects.

kiwikid said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day, great projects.

Wendy said...

Looks like a lovely day and gorgeous projects.