Sunday 6 September 2015

Friday Night with Friends

Well it is the first time I have been able to join in FNWF for ages so I was very excited to be stitching away with everyone. 

First off I stitched all my little xmas decorations onto their backgrounds in readiness to put them together. These were from the class we did in August with Lisa from FignBerry Creations.

Then a bit of stitchery was in order -
So all in all quite a productive Friday night.

Now I havn't shown you the centre block for my Natures Journey  stitchalong I am doing with lots of others -
 Very pleased I have managed to keep up (so far). It's a bit hard to see but there are lots of diamonds handstitched on around the outside of the border.  Next part - cutting and sewing together 400 x 2 inch squares.  Need I say more lol.

It has been a busy week or so - two gorgeous friends, two gorgeous daughters and one gorgeous sister all have birthdays.  I ran out of time to make something for dear Shez, but when  I saw this pattern I knew I had to make it for my other lovely friend, Keryn as it reminded me of her gorgeous sheep  -

And finally, a couple of weeks ago I had a lovely win over at Buttermilk Basin. These were the three lovely patterns that arrived -
 

Very lucky indeed. Hope you all had fun stitching Friday night and a lovely weekend. Cheryl

20 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous Christmas stitcheries and well done sewing all the diamonds onto the NJ block...

Did see the cute sheep on Keryns blog.

Have fun using your new books.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl wow you have been super busy,love the xmas decorations,i must get back to mine,love your nature's journey center block,well done my friend and that is the cutest pin cushion and such a perfect choice for Keryn,well done my friend.
Oh Cheryl i am so happy with the parcel that you sent me,they were the perfect gifts,so thankyou so much my friend,i have to laugh you being surrounded by virgo's,enjoy your evening my friend xx

Susan said...

Lovely stitching Cheryl. The sheep pin cushion is lovely.

KERYN B said...

And I know for a fact that Keryn and her sheep just love their new addition to their family...xx

Jo said...

Lovely Xmas stitching. Just because you need more so I hear.....

Jeanette said...

Love all the projects. The pincushion is so cute. Hugs,xx

Christine M said...

Lots of lovely stitching happening at your place, Cheryl. xx

Deb R said...

Beautiful stitcheries Cheryl! such a busy girl x

Dawn said...

I'm doing a day with Fignberry so its nice to see some of her designs made up and they do look lovely. You've done a great job with your Nature block as well - lovely colours

Melody said...

You have achieved so much and everything is beautiful

Cath said...

Very busy at your place Cheryl and all lovely projects with more to come judging by those patterns! I also love the sheep pin cushion!

Wendy said...

Such a lot of lovely work at your place, beautiful new patterns too!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lots,of lovely projects xx

Anthea said...

well now, they're a gorgeous WIN indeed Cheryl, well done!
Lovely work for your friday night stitching too

Kim said...

Beautiful work Cheryl xx

Carrie P. said...

Your little Christmas stitcheries are so sweet. Congrats on your win. One day I hope to win. I love hter patterns.

Fiona said...

so good to sew with you on Friday.... and as always beautiful work
Hugz

Kaylee said...

The Christmas stitcheries are so lovely. Lucky girl on winning those patterns, they look like fun.

Ondrea said...

Gotta love those cute Christmas sticheries and that awesome sheep project.Lovely pattern too.

Renee said...

I love your ornaments and your penguin is just adorable!