Sunday 13 December 2015

Special Friends

Now last post I showed you my gorgeous gifts from my lovely friend Karen, and I did say I had been very spoilt by lovely friends all week.  So some more show and tell.

I am a great admirer of Michelle's work  and beautiful designs (from Rag-Tag Stitchin) and I am very honoured to count her as one of my special friends, so it was very exciting  when I opened an envelope from her to find these lovely surprises -
The most gorgeous stocking to hang on my tree, which holds my handmade decorations from special friends, and also a copy of her latest Pocket Mini with some adorable gingies to stitch. Now apart from snowmen, gingies are a big favourite, so I am looking forward to stitching these.  Thankyou so much dear friend.

I also received a big box of lovely parcels in the mail on Friday -
from Fiona of bubzrugz blog, who was my secret partner in our Friends Having fun swap.  Now if you are wondering why so many, for our Christmas swap we do 12 parcels and get to open one each day for the 12 days leading up to xmas.  And guess what - that's from tomorrow so can't wait to open the first one.  Stay tuned.  Thankyou so very much Fiona - I can't wait and I know you will have spoilt me because that's the sort of person you are.

Now my last show and tell also blew me away.  My gorgeous friend Shez left a parcel under my tree  about three weeks ago now when she stayed over for our class with Debbie from Wooden Spool Designs.  Now I have been looking at it for two weeks and finally gave in and opened it.  Now I can here you saying I should be waiting for xmas day, but I told Shez I would have more time now to enjoy opening it and enjoy it contents than I would on Christmas Day (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).  Shez also knows me very well I think -
The first thing I spotted was this gorgeous cushion. She tells me it is a Michelle original - I just love it. I had been telling her I badly needed to make some new cushions for myself - perfect!
OMG I had loved this when I saw it on Shez's blog a while ago - so much work, but I just love it Shez, thankyou so very much. Told my hubby I needed a new table to put it on lol.
And there was also this gorgeous little cushion made in beautiful wools, a lovely decoration for my tree with my handmade decorations on it and a gorgeous bundle of fabric - in  my favourite color.
Shez knows I love Jim Shore and gave me a beautiful piece last year.  This year she gave me the beautiful Santa on the right with the tree.  Perfect partner for the one I had bought from the Christmas shop while we were at Keryn's recently.


Two gorgeous books as well, including the one she had made the penny rug from.  Lots more gorgeous ones in there for me to play with.
Some wonderful patterns - just "me" do you think?
Some trees for my Lemax Christmas village and a gorgeous pattern I drooled over when  we did a class with Leonie from the Quilted Crow.
And more lovely stitching for me to do - the most adorable snowman kit from Primitive Gatherings and the beautiful French General decoration pattern and fabric.  Thankyou dear friend - I was blown away with my most amazing gifts,  as I was with all my gorgeous gifts this past week or two. I am so lucky to the THE best friends.  Cheryl

10 comments:

kiwikid said...

What a fantastic lot of gift goodies!!! Heaps there to keep you busy Cheryl.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You certainly won't be getting into any mischief with all that wonderful stitching to do. You deserve to be spoilt. I am glad you liked your little giftie x

Cheryll said...

WOW... that's quite a haul of loot from Shez... but then again YOU deserve to be spoiled.
Merry Christmas Cheryl... Ho Ho Ho..

Anonymous said...

Hi my lovely friend,i am so glad you like your gifts,i had so much fun putting this parcel together for you,and Michelle's stockings are so gorgeous,i love mine too,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Fiona said...

very very spoilt by Shez, I love our ornies from Michelle... happy unwrapping!
Hugz

Melody said...

Wonderful presents, and I agree you deserve to be spoiled.

Karen S said...

At this rate you will not need another gift for Christmas as these ladies have supplied you with everything. What a stunning array of goodies.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Wow...what a fabulous lot of presents...Shez knows you well! Enjoy opening your one present a day, great idea for a swap...

Michelle said...

Wow, those are some amazing pressies!!! You will certainly be keeping out of trouble with all those patterns!

Kim said...

Gorgeous gifts.